This commanding letter on horse slaughter in Canada was written by D. Fisher of Kelowna, British Columbia.
It’s simply magisterial in its eloquence!
“Industry without ethics, capitalism without conscience – is tortured flesh the flavour of our times?
The Canadian horse slaughter industry is an abomination. Within its harrowing abyss exist the theft of liberty, unpardonable anguish and the dismemberment of a noble icon.
Advocates in favour of this industry present the following arguments for its existence:
- Horses are meat – tasty meat for man. I want some.
- Slaughterhouses humanely euthanize old, crippled and unwanted horses.
- Slaughter controls over-population.
- The industry provides employment.
Different perceptions and the high ground we call morality oppose these arguments:
- Horses are not meat to do with as we please. Throughout history, beside the footprints of man are the hoof prints of the horse. A pony is a child’s dream, a horse an…
View original post 442 more words