- We have no problem admitting our faults and imperfections, and unlike those who haven’t admitted it, we’re actually doing something our problems.
- You can always count on having a DD when you go out with us
- We’ll never be the one accused of stealing your last beer/drink from the fridge
- When we throw a party, we always bring too much food, have too much fun and never leave a mess of empty cans and bottles lying around.
- We’re usually not broke because we didn’t spend all our money the night before partying
- While the general population comes into work Monday hung over, we’re the ones being OVER productive.
- We have friends, REAL friends that actually care about our well-being and not just what they can get from us or vice versa.
- We work a 12 step program aimed at making use better people. It’s not just about being clean and…
View original post 60 more words
This time last year i was pretty broken. I was in a place so dark that even imagining where i am today was impossible and unthinkable. I not once thought i’d be where i am right right now. I was so emotionally, and spiritually bankrupt and ashamed, resentful and hurt with who i’d become that i had truly given up on life and i had lost the will to live. Today i am 356 days clean. Longest i have ever been clean in my life. I haven’t touched a drink or drug since January 13th 2014. When i decided to put myself into treatment i just wanted the pain to stop. I never expected to get the gifts I’d gotten so far from being in recovery. It’s amazing how much life can change when you simply want it too bad enough. And i wanted it REAL bad. When i stepped…
View original post 824 more words